top of page

Professional Group

Public·12 members

[S1E11] And The Reality Check Extra Quality

Sure. And you know, the reality is, I don't know that we have any patients anymore without some type of impact to their HIPAA access. And everybody's experiencing stress. We live in a really stressful world at a really stressful time, and we really want to see how each individual person is responding to that. And we used to think of adrenal output and measuring the HIPAA access and describe it in terms of adrenal fatigue.

[S1E11] And the Reality Check

And we'll typically see cortisol elevated in those situations. And then stage two and we have often normal lab values for cortisol, which can confuse some providers because they expect, oh, they're under stress brain high cortisol, but we don't always see that we have a way of protecting ourselves and we down regulate the HIPAA access and look like we're producing normal amounts of cortisol when in reality we're experiencing a lot of stress, stress more chronic than acute.

Bryan Clayton: [00:25:31] When you do this in the analog sense, like I said, you have to constantly be nagging and hassling these people to show up on time. You wouldn't think you have to, but you do, and there's a mysterious condition of the disappearing lawn mowing service, that just happens. For some reason, these guys and gals go out of business, or they get behind, or they bury you to the bottom of the route, if there's rain they don't show up on time, their voicemail is full, you name it. So, if you just wanna basic grass-cutting service once a week or once every two weeks, it's a pain in the butt to get these folks to come out when they're supposed to. GreenPal handles all of that. The other thing is, you know, how do you pay this person? Maybe you Venmo them, maybe you leave a check under the mat. You know, it's the pain in the, there's a lot of friction there. You have to physically do something on a weekly basis. With GreenPal you just pop your credit card in, or debit card in, and it happens. So, there's really no reason why a homeowner would want to not use it, after they use it, because for them it's just like, it's the magic yard-mowing button, you just push a button and the yard gets mowed. Just like, it's the difference between using Uber and going back to like a- a yellow taxi cab.

Bryan Clayton: [00:36:32] So, the reality is around marketplaces is, I think it's still in its infancy for opportunities for marketplaces to- to attack use cases in the day-to-day commerce stuff that exists. I think there's still a lot of opportunity. That said, I don't think there will ever be an Uber for home painters, or an Uber for wedding planners, and so you kinda need to validate this idea before you just spend, you know, the next 10 years trying to build a marketplace around a use case. So, it's nuance, but I think there's a lot of opportunity, but it's not necessarily the case that a marketplace can be applied to every single thing that we do in day-to-day life. I will say this, if you're planning on starting a local marketplace, if I had to do it all over again, I probably would have raised money, because it's just so hard to get one of these things started from scratch. It requires a lot of money to distribute this marketplace into every single local market that you wanna operate in. Now that we're doing 20 million dollars a year, we don't need to raise money, now we have VCs knocking on our door every single week. I'm like, "Where were you guys seven years ago?" So, now we actively resist raising capital, because we just don't, simply just don't need it, but if I had to do it all over again, I would have raised funding to get us over the hump of the first two or three years. The other thing I would point out is a lot of times as startup entrepreneurs and technology startup entrepreneurs, we look at these grand successes, Uber's, Lyft, Airbnb, you name it, and we wanna map our experience to what we see and what we don't realize is, a lot of times that founding team is on it's second, third, or fourth try. They've already crashed and burned two or three different marketplaces or technology products. So, they already know how to do a lot of the fundamental things. So, they're starting on second base, or third base, whereas, you know, you're starting in the dugout, and that's something that I didn't know when I started this business. It took me three, four years just to get to the starting line, and so just be aware of that, don't beat yourself up if it's slow going for the first year, or two, or three, because it's gonna take you that long to learn how to do this stuff. And so, like don't give up, I guess, is the essence of what I'm trying to say, and manage your psychology in those first few years.

And we'll have it from the perspective of two deans who emerged from Claire Matthews team, myself and my friend Jim Bock, Swarthmore's longtime admission leader. But first let's check out this week's headlines on The Admissions Beat with Charlotte Albright.

Lee Coffin:Yeah, no. No worries at all. I think you're right, most interviews of all kinds will be conducted via Zoom rather than in your local library or Starbucks. I think that's just the reality of the pandemic. And in some ways it's helping us reach more students through the interviewing platform when that's part of the process. The interview itself, no matter who the interviewer is is a conversation. So there's no need to worry about the conversation. There's really no preparation you need to do before the interview either, other than to be serious about the conversation that's about to happen, to think about why this option, this college is on your list.

Lee Coffin:Yes. Thank you. Check your email, everybody. Whatever email you included on the common application is the email your colleges will be sending any updates, if anything's missing, if we're still waiting for that teacher rec to show up. That's where you'll know. So moms and dads, permission to poke and say, "Hey, have you checked your email to see if college X might have sent you some news?" Sometimes we'll text you, but almost always your email is going to be where you know about your status. So that's an easy thing to do, doesn't take a lot of time, but don't drop your ball.

The priest-in-training regained consciousness after his stabbing to realize that he was at the mercy of a sadistic nurse with a diabolical penchant for murdering black men. And while he fought for his life (and tried to discern good-vs-evil shenanigans from the drug-induced visions that plagued him), we learned that the person behind the creepy virtual reality goggles avatar girl Rose390 was the same person who attacked David (as well as the subject of a former exorcism investigation), and that David and Ben previously worked with another psychologist named Judy James (played by Megan Ketch, Jane the Virgin).

Michael: Yeah, we talk about, or say figuratively, it's like we're living in two different worlds or that people don't inhabit the same reality. This is how people don't inhabit the same reality. They believe that the information sources that are out there, that some people are consuming are just so corrupt that they're unbelievable.

So instead of fact-checking, debunking, and describing an event in detail, we more sort of discuss what happened. And what the vulnerabilities are. And I think that's a safer approach that, that tends to amplify, or at least I hope it amplifies the misinformation less. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page